st: RE: RE: RE: How to loop a <clean> script over multiple files?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: How to loop a <clean> script over multiple files?
Date   Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:59:56 +0000

"All this" being building a macro with a filelist from one or more directories.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 23 January 2012 18:55
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: st: RE: RE: How to loop a <clean> script over multiple files?

As already pointed out, -fs- (SSC) does all this for you.

Impavido, Gregorio

If the files can be differentiated by a specific element try this for point 1 of your question:

local wkdir "/Users/gregorio/Documents/Stata" // or whatever is your working directory
local filelist : dir . file "`wkdir'/eu??.txt"  // builds macro with all relevant files of type "eu01.txt"

you can then run something like

foreach file of local filelist {
	insheet using etc.....
}