Re: st: Zero Inflated Negative Binomial model

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Zero Inflated Negative Binomial model
Date   Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:26:34 -0500

The exploratory step that I sketched earlier is closely related to a
hurdle model.  A brief discussion in the book by Agresti (2010) cites
papers by Saei et al. (1996) and Min and Agresti (2005).  For the
nonzero categories a cumulative logit model might work (as in ordinal
logistic regression), and you could try other cumulative link
functions.