st: Test between NB1 and NB2 in Stata 10.1

From   "Petra Nieken" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Test between NB1 and NB2 in Stata 10.1
Date   Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:42:25 +0100

Dear Stata List Users,

I use Stata/SE 10.1 and I am estimating a negative binomial regression. I am
now looking for a way to test if I should use a NB1 specification
(dispersion constant) or a NB2 specification (dispersion mean). In the
literature I found that I could use a Vuong test but I only found the Vuong
test for zero-inflated or zero-truncated negbin models. To calculate it by
hand I need the predicted probabilities. However, ?predict test,
pr(dependent_variable)? does not work in Stata 10.1. This option is not
allowed after nbreg.

Thanks for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Petra Nieken

Dr. Petra Nieken
Universität Bonn
Institut für Gesellschafts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Betriebswirtschaftliche Abteilung II
Lehrstuhl für Personal- und Organisationsökonomie
Adenauerallee 24-42
53113 Bonn
Tel: 0228-739213
Fax: 0228-739210