Re: RE: st: Spurious inference from endogeneity tests

Subject   Re: RE: st: Spurious inference from endogeneity tests
Date   Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:36:55 -0500

In re
the poster's central question:
"I have to conclude from my specification tests that my coefficient
estimates from both OLS and 2SLS cannot be interpreted because 2SLS
does not succeed in resolving the endogeneity problem?"
I would answer yes.  Without better instruments, you have learned
nothing from 2SLS, including whether OLS is biased or not.  The overID
test is no good if you don't have strong instruments, since its
failure to reject the overID restrictions could be due merely to the
weakness of your excluded instruments.