st: esttab and xtmixed

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: esttab and xtmixed
Date   Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:17:18 -0500

Dear Statalist

I am having what seems like a simple problem that I cannot solve. I have
multiple xtmixed estimations that I want to present in the same table.

xtmixed y x1 x2 || id:, mle
estimates store a1
xtmixed y x1 x2 || id: x1, covariance (unstructured), mle
estimates store a2
xtmixed y x1 x2 || id: x1 x2, covariance (unstructured), mle
estimates store a3
esttab a*

The problem is that in the random coefficient models, the ordering of the
lns1_1_1 changes meaning/order once random intercepts are added to the model.
In the first model lns1_1_1 is the random intercept variance, but in the second
model, it is the random slope variance for x1. Plus variance parameters need to
be "unlogged".

I know how to create tables separately for the different estimations, but I just
want to create one giant table in one fell swoop where all the parameters are on
the right lines. I've messed around with scalars and macros but it seems like
there must be something easier that I've overlooked.

Any help greatly appreciated.

KR

----- End forwarded message -----