st: Comparing AUC for weighted samples in Stata?

From   Stian Lydersen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Comparing AUC for weighted samples in Stata?
Date   Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:21:53 +0100

We have weighted samples from 4 strata of pre-school children. The strata sizes vary from 1095 to 194, and the sampling probabilities vary from 0.37 to 0.89, with highest sampling probabilities is the strata with high risk of diagnosis of a mental health problem. (The diagnosis, a gold standard, is established through an interview).

We investigate if the sum score from one or more questionnaires can be used as diagnostic screening instrument.

We have been able to compute ROC, and an estimate and CI for AUC using the suggestion on
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-01/msg00689.html

In addition we want to do the following:
Compare the AUC for sum scores from two separate screeing instruments (on the same samples). Estimate, CI and p-value for difference?

Added value: Assume we use of screening instrument 2 in addition to screening instrument 1, for example estiamte a logistic regression model with predictro 1 alone, and the predictor 1 and 2. How much added value (in terms of AUC estimate CI and p-value) does this give?

Do you know where we can find info on how to do this, preferably in Stata?

Regards, Stian Lydersen and Trude Hamre Sveen

e-mail [email protected]