st: 3 Questions Regarding the Cox Proportional Hazard Model

From   Yuval Arbel <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: 3 Questions Regarding the Cox Proportional Hazard Model
Date   Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:33:17 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I have 3 questions regarding the Cox Proportional Hazard model:

1. Is there any way to calculate marginal elasticities between the
hazard rate and each variable? apparently what I need  is something
similar to the double-log model in simple regression analysis, or
alternatively something similar to -dprobit-

2. Suppose, the PH assumption does not work in my sample. If my only
concern is the coefficients of variables and their marginal effects on
the survival rate, and not projected survival rates, does rejection of
the PH assumption mean I cannot use the results at all without
stratifications of the sample?

3. If I run the -tvc- option, how do I make hypothesis testing on the
interaction terms between time and the variables?

Thanks in advance

Yuval

--
Dr. Yuval Arbel