st: Measures of association for a small sample

From   Francisco Rowe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Measures of association for a small sample
Date   Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:35:11 +1000

Hi,

Sorry for taking advantage of statalist for this -I am trying to measure the association between two variables with a reduced number of observations (13) which constitutes my entire population.

I have utilised pairwise correlation coefficients (pwcorr) and regression using an Iteratively Reweighted Least Squares (IRLS) estimation (rreg) (on cross-sectional data). However, given some of the assumptions of these measures, the results can be questioned. For this reason, I would like to implement some additional tests or measures on my data.

Would it be possible to have some guidance on this?
Are regressions based on IRLS useful in this context?
Which non-parametric measure can it be useful?

Thanks in advance.

Francisco.