st: Updating the data-editor during calculations

From   Michael Hecker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Updating the data-editor during calculations
Date   Fri, 06 Jan 2012 21:50:36 +0100

Dear list,

I'm trying to use Stata to generate realtime stock market trading signals.
As soon as my trading system has proven to be valid, I'm going to reimplement my strategy in a dedicated c++ program.
Until then, I would like to bother Stata to do the job.

Currently, I'm requesting realtime qoutes from my mySQL server via ODBC in an infinite loop.

QUESTION:
How can I tell Stata to update the data editor while calculations are still in progress (because of the infinite loop)?

Thank you very much,
Michael