Re: st: How to solve "repeated time values" error message for panel dataset

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to solve "repeated time values" error message for panel dataset
Date   Thu, 5 Jan 2012 11:02:23 +0100

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Nataliya Acc <[email protected]> wrote:
> When I am trying to declare my dataset time series I keep getting the following error
> message:
>
> repeated time values within panel
> r(451)
>
> I have data 20 partner countries, each of which contains data on 16 industries for 11 years.

The easiest sollution would be:

egen pan_id = group(country industry)
tsset pan_id year

Notice that now we are ignoring that the same industry in different
countries will be similar to one another and that different industries
in the same country will be similar to one another.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie