Re: st: checking over dispersion in XTPOISSON

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: checking over dispersion in XTPOISSON
Date   Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:29:30 +0500

The following quotation from my discussion with Jo Hilbe describes and
answers many such problems.

glm panelcount x1 x2 x3, fam(poi)
glm panelcount x1 x2 x3, fam(poi) cluster(panelvar)
glm panelcount x1 x2 x3, fam(nb ml)
glm panelcount x1 x2 x3, fam(nb ml) cluster(panelvar)

where panelvar is your panel variable, eg id and x1-x3 are predictors.

Check the Pearson dispersion statistic for the Poisson model. If it is
above 1.0 the model is Poisson overdispersed.

I wish you it helps you too.

Anees

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Rajaram Subramanian Potty
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to know how one should check for overdispersion in a
> model fitted using "xtpoisson". If one noticed overdispersion how to
> correct it or which is the alternative analysis.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> RAJARAM
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Best
Muhammad Anees
Assistant Professor/Programme Coordinator
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
Attock 43600, Pakistan
http://www.aneconomist.com