RE: st: Use of "Goto" command in Mata

From   Ozgur Ererdem <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Use of "Goto" command in Mata
Date   Mon, 2 Jan 2012 03:04:46 -0800

Thank you very much Nick.

I will check the use of select() as you recommended.

I need Mata for this operation. I wrote down a very simplified version of the code in my previous message. Actually what I am trying to do is to solve non-linear equation systems for each block of observation (about 7000).

Thank you again.

Ozgur

It is not clear that you need Mata at all here. But the problem arises because "end" is ambiguous. So, you can't do it this way.

Assuming that there is a case for Mata  I would read all the data into Mata and loop over 1..4 and use -select()- to select blocks of observations. -goto- could probably be made to work but is not needed when you know you want to loop over 1..4.

Nick