Re: st: RE: marginsplot is acting differently

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: marginsplot is acting differently
Date   Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:57:33 -0500

At 08:43 PM 12/30/2011, Philip Ryan wrote:

I this what you are after?  (it's a cover-up kludge, although it avoids the
Graph Editor; it would be nice if marginsplot at least had an option to
suppress the output for the reference categories.)

webuse nhanes2f, clear
logit diabetes i.female age, nolog
margins, dydx(black female) at(age=(20 30 40 50 60 70)) vsquish
marginsplot, noci plot1opts(connect(i) msymb(i)) plot3opts(connect(i)
msymb(i)) ///
legend(order(2 "effect on Pr(diabetes) for blacks"  4 "effect on
Pr(diabetes) for females")  rows(2))

best wishes to all for 2012.

Thanks Phil. That does seem to work, although it seems like it shouldn't have to be that hard. I still think there is a bug, but if not or if it never gets fixed your solution will be handy. Best wishes to you and everyone else too.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu