Re: st: RE: marginsplot is acting differently

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: RE: marginsplot is acting differently
Date   Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:57:33 -0500

At 08:43 PM 12/30/2011, Philip Ryan wrote:
Richard,

I this what you are after?  (it's a cover-up kludge, although it avoids the
Graph Editor; it would be nice if marginsplot at least had an option to
suppress the output for the reference categories.)

webuse nhanes2f, clear
logit diabetes i.black i.female age, nolog
margins, dydx(black female) at(age=(20 30 40 50 60 70)) vsquish
marginsplot, noci plot1opts(connect(i) msymb(i)) plot3opts(connect(i)
msymb(i)) ///
legend(order(2 "effect on Pr(diabetes) for blacks"  4 "effect on
Pr(diabetes) for females")  rows(2))

best wishes to all for 2012.

Phil

Thanks Phil. That does seem to work, although it seems like it shouldn't have to be that hard. I still think there is a bug, but if not or if it never gets fixed your solution will be handy. Best wishes to you and everyone else too.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam