st: marginsplot is acting differently

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   st: marginsplot is acting differently
Date   Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:18:42 -0500

-marginsplot- seems to be acting differently than it was a few months ago, and the change is not for the better. Here is my code:

webuse nhanes2f, clear
logit diabetes i.female age, nolog
margins, dydx(black female) at(age=(20 30 40 50 60 70)) vsquish
marginsplot, noci

When I ran this a few months ago, I got a line for and 1.female, which is what I want. But, when I run it now, I also get lines for and 0b.female. The latter are worthless because they are simply the same as the X axis, i.e. the effects are always 0.

I am guessing this is some sort of bug and if so I hope it will be fixed soon. But in the meantime, does anybody know an easy way to get only the two lines that I want? I can go into the graph editor and hide things but that is a pain.

I have a feeling this isn't the best time to ask a question, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that somebody is working late before taking some richly deserved time off for the New Year!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu