st: concatenating column vectors

From   Jason Park <>
Subject   st: concatenating column vectors
Date   Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:31:36 +1000

I want to calculate something for each column and concatenate them
into a matrix.
For a 3x3 matrix, for example, it can be done as follows:
matrix Q=uu`i'         /* this is directly from the code I'm using, In
fact, I'm trying to modify a code provided by an individual*/
matrix Z=vecdiag(Q)
matrix P=(Q[1...,1]/Z[1,1],Q[1...,2]/Z[1,2],Q[1...,3]/Z[1,3])
And I want to generalized this to NxN case, with and without using a
loop both (since it looks like the use of a loop conflicts with some
other part of the code, hence generates an error).
How can this be done? Please advise.

Many thanks,