st: Dividing each column by the diagonal elements

From   Jason Park <loooooo.j8311@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Dividing each column by the diagonal elements
Date   Fri, 30 Dec 2011 02:06:27 +1000

Given a n-by-n matrix, N, I'd like to divide each column N(:,i) by the
diagonal elelments D(i),
where D is such that mat = diag(vecdiag(N)).
How can this be done? I know this is too fundamental a question for
you, but I'm just new to Stata and it's quite different from the other
programming language I've been using for years.
Please enlighten me on this.

Many thanks in advance,
Jason