st: Is there an alternative to -adjust-?

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Is there an alternative to -adjust-?
Date   Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:01:35 -0500

Hi Stata Gurus,

I was wondering if there is an alternative to -adjust- in version 12 that
can generate predictions? According to the help file,

" adjust has been superseded by margins.  Except for adjust's generate() and
stdf options, the margins command can do everything that adjust did and
more...."  "adjust continues to work but does not support factor variables
and will often fail if you do not run your estimation command under version
control, with the version set to less than 11.  This help file remains to
assist those who encounter an adjust command in old do-files and programs."

This suggests to me that this command (performing this particular function)
may be phased out. If so, what will replace the following:

regress price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length foreign
adjust foreign=1, by(foreign) gen(m1)
adjust foreign=0, by(foreign) gen(m0)

Thanks

Ariel