st: kaplan meier plots

From   Lars Folkestad <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: kaplan meier plots
Date   Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:10:00 +0100

Dear List

I have a question regarding the kaplan-meier plots

I want to investigate the lifespan in patients with a given disease.

I have the following data

Date of birth: DMY
Date of death: DMY

When i use the following:

. Stset DOB, faliure(DOD)

I get at table saying:
obs. time interval:  (0, DOB]

_N obs. end on or before enter()

Im guessing the program is working with the stata start time of 0.

How do i set the start time to the DOB?

And while we're at it, before i noticed the error i did draw up a KM plot
and found that it gave me an analysis time of 1500000 or somewhere in that
ball park. I would love for it to be years.

Thank you