Re: st: Normalize Variables by s.d. (programmatically)

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Normalize Variables by s.d. (programmatically)
Date   Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:01:19 -0500

At 04:49 PM 12/21/2011, Austin Nichols wrote:
Ryan Turner <>:
help regress
(see option beta) or

That was my first impulse too, but if you wade through his code you see there is an -xtreg- command at the end of it, and xtreg doesn't have a beta option. (Ryan, regress can mean a lot of things, so it would be good to be explicit about what you mean at the beginning).

I haven't worked my way through Ryan's code, but I wonder if Ben Jann's -center- command, available from SSC, could simplify the process.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu