re:Re: st: RE: RE: Printing viewer contents without cutting off the

From   Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
Subject   re:Re: st: RE: RE: Printing viewer contents without cutting off the
Date   Wed, 21 Dec 2011 15:27:51 -0500

<>
Nick wrote

In addition, you can always translate SMCL-based help files to HTML.
Then any browser and (I guess) any word processor can print it for
you.

The translation code is not documented, but is wrapped for convenience
in -log2html- (SSC).

Suppose I have installed -tabplot- (SSC) and wish to print out its
help in this way. Suppose further that I have -cd-ed to the directory
or folder in which it is installed.

. copy tabplot.hlp tabplot.smcl
. log2html tabplot.smcl

The result is tabplot.html.

In addition, look at the help for -translate- for other possibilities.

If the user-written routine is on SSC, this translation has already been done:  e.g.,

http://repec.org/help.php?c=somersd

http://repec.org/help.php?c=egenmore

Kit

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |   http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html