Re: st: Using ivregress when the endogenous variable is used in an interaction term in the main regression

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: Using ivregress when the endogenous variable is used in an interaction term in the main regression
Date   Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:44:48 -0500

Tirthankar Chakravarty <>:
I don't see anywhere that the X1 is included as a main effect as
opposed to just being included in the product X1*X2.  (Though it is
not clear what is included in "+controls" in the post.) It seems that
X1 is exogenous by assumption, i.e. X1 is uncorrelated with e while X2
is correlated with e. There are no quadratic terms in Z in my
suggestion. Note that you suggested instrumenting with X2hat*X1 and
X2hat is linear in Z.