Re: st: RE: RE: Printing viewer contents without cutting off the right-hand-side of text

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: Printing viewer contents without cutting off the right-hand-side of text
Date   Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:38:33 +0000

In addition, you can always translate SMCL-based help files to HTML.
Then any browser and (I guess) any word processor can print it for
you.

The translation code is not documented, but is wrapped for convenience
in -log2html- (SSC).

Suppose I have installed -tabplot- (SSC) and wish to print out its
help in this way. Suppose further that I have -cd-ed to the directory
or folder in which it is installed.

. copy tabplot.hlp tabplot.smcl
. log2html tabplot.smcl

The result is tabplot.html.

In addition, look at the help for -translate- for other possibilities.

Nick