st: logit fe with svy panel data.

From   Sumedha Gupta <>
Subject   st: logit fe with svy panel data.
Date   Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:42:21 -0500

I wish to use the HRS data to do an individual level panel fixed
effects estimation for a binary outcome. xtlogit does not work since I
only have pweights and also these are not constant across waves. svy
command with clogit does not seem to work because if I run:

svy subpop(pop1): clogit rdepres  age  age2, group(hhidpn)

it gives me an error 'invalid vcetype

I believe this is because clogit defines clusters at group level as
opposed to individual level (not sure about this though). Is there are
alternative I can use? I found a similar question posted earlier:

However I couldn't see the answer.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.