Re: st: ym() date function is acting strangely

Subject   Re: st: ym() date function is acting strangely
Date   Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:54:34 -0500

At 04:34 PM 12/15/2011, Gabi Huiber wrote:
I do this:

clear
set obs 10
gen year=2010
gen month=_n
gen date1=ym(year, month)
format date1 %tm

And I get this:

year    month   date1
2010    1       23aug1961
2010    2       24aug1961
2010    3       25aug1961
2010    4       26aug1961
2010    5       27aug1961
2010    6       28aug1961
2010    7       29aug1961
2010    8       30aug1961
2010    9       31aug1961
2010    10      01sep1961

How on Earth is that possible? A minute ago ym() was working fine, I swear.

I can't replicate. I assume your Stata is up to date?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam