Re: st: error: xtile2 & Stata 12

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: error: xtile2 & Stata 12
Date   Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:18:14 +0000

-xtile2- is from SSC, as you are asked to explain.

The short answer is evidently No. But my guess is that you can fix
this program by inserting on a separate line

version 7

after the line

program define xtile2

The problem, I guess, is that the syntax in

if "`nquantiles'"!=""{local nq "n(`nquantiles')"}

is only allowed under version control, and -xtile2- omits a -version-
statement, which you should supply.

If this guess is wrong, you should naturally say so.

Nick