Re: st: Plotting portfolios over time

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Plotting portfolios over time
Date   Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:17:17 +0000

This sounds like -xtline- after -xtset-.

An -if- condition is needed to do the work of selecting a portfolio
and the years to be shown.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Dana Shills <> wrote:

> I have panel data on a set of stocks for 10 years. In each year, I assign the stocks to one of 5 portfolios on the basis of quintiles of fixed assets in that year. I want to graphically plot the performance (e.g. profitability) of the lowest quintile from t-4 to t+4 with t being the year of portfolio formation. What is the easiest way of doing this without having to do it year by year? Are there some time series commands I should be looking at?

*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2016 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index