st: Genetic algorithm details...

From   Matthew Baker <matthew.baker@hunter.cuny.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Genetic algorithm details...
Date   Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:03:05 -0500

Dear listers:

I was curious if anyone knew of a good source describing details of
genetic algorithms as they are used in optimization.

To be a bit more specific, I am asking for a source because I have
programmed a genetic algorithm wrapper in mata for type d0 functions.
It is a "quick and dirty" program designed to work directly with an
objective function that is suited for use with mata's optimize
commands. I would like to make it available for others to use, but I
first wanted to clean up the code and see what sorts of options could
and should be added to make it a really workable and useful routine,
but I am having trouble locating a source that describes different
options usually applied.

Thanks in advance!

Matt Baker

--