[no subject]

1. If people have no earnings, then you could code their earnings as 0
and include them in the sample.

2. If people have no earnings, then they don't belong in your main sample.

The choice is yours, depending on your research question.

Either way, you have now got good specific advice from Maarten and
others which gives you scope for experiment. Either way, this is not
coming across to me as a logit or probit problem at all.

Nick

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Muhammad Anees <[email protected]> wrote:
> There are actually two variables describing earnings, one as a
> dichomous (recorded in Yes or No) and and other as groups or interval.
> The objective is to assess if such earnings from secondardy jobs also
> depend on foreign qualification and if yes, then what is difference
> between the regressions across the two groups based on foreign
> qualification or no qualification.
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Thanks for the example.
>>
>> I see earnings as a coarsely categorised variable, fit for -intreg- or
>> -ologit-. In what sense is earnings dichotomous (means, has two
>> categories)? Why did you say you were interested in logit models?
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Muhammad Anees <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Thanks Nick for your suggestion.
>>>
>>> Sure, the data looks like which contains two different sample but
>>> related. Foreign qualified and no foreign qualification are two
>>> different dataset earch with the following sample data, only a sample,
>>> actually the data consist two different samples in two different
>>> files, which I can deal how to combine in stata for my purpose.
>>>

>>> ear     exper   gender  subject area    language
>>> 0-5000  20      m       IT      rural   Urdu
>>> 5000-10000      22      m       ENGINEER        urban   English
>>> 10001-15000     15      f       ECONOMICS       rural   Urdu
>>> 5000-10000      10      m       HR      urban   Urdu
>>> 5000-10000      5       f       STRT MGT        urban   English
>>> 10001-15000     8       f       MARK    urbna   English
>>> 0-5000  9       m       SOCIOLOGY       rural   Urdu