st: Comparing mean of two regression models

From   David Ashcraft <>
To   StataList <>
Subject   st: Comparing mean of two regression models
Date   Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:05:19 -0800 (PST)

This question seems dumb to me but somehow I am messed up. I am trying to compare the coefficients of two models. The data set is divided among two group by a dummy variable.

reg y1 y2 if dummy==0
est store con
reg y1 y2 if dummy==1
est store imf
test [con_y2=imf_y2]

I get the following response after the last command

equation con_y2 not found

Can somebody guide me where I am wrong or how should I perform this test?