Re: st: RE: Stata list example - use of the margins command

Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata list example - use of the margins command
Date   Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:38:58 -0500

As Brendan pointed out. -logistic- computes CIs for log odds ratios, then presents the CIs on the OR scale. I wouldn't expect -nlcom-, a very general purpose program, to "know" to do this, but we as analysts know and can tell it what to do.

*************CODE BEGINS*************
capture program drop _all
program antilog
    local bound  invnorm(.975)*sqrt(el(r(V),1,1))
    local lparm el(r(b),1,1)
    local ll  exp(`lparm'  - `bound')
    local ul  exp( `lparm' + `bound')
    di _col(1) "parm =" %8.4g exp(`lparm')  ///
       _col(20) "ll ="   %8.4g `ll'  ///
       _col(40) "ul ="   %8.4g `ul'
end

sysuse nlsw88, clear
gen byte high_occ = occupation < 3 if occupation < .
gen byte black = race == 2 if race < .
drop if race==3
drop if _n > 1000

quietly logistic high_occ i.race##i.collgrad
quietly margins, over(race collgrad) expression(exp(xb())) post
quietly nlcom (log(_b[2.race#1.collgrad]/ _b[1.race#1.collgrad])), post

antilog

Steve
[email protected]