st: mvprobit with constraints at /atrho

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   st: mvprobit with constraints at /atrho
Date   Fri, 9 Dec 2011 09:30:51 -0000

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 05:10:58 -0800 (PST)
From: saqlain raza <>
Subject: st: mvprobit with constraints at /atrho

Hello Statalist users,

I have Stata 11.2 and downloaded -mvprobit- command for analysis. My
model for the -mvprobit- command is:

mvprobit (SM1=)(SM2= affiloui1 filialOUparticipOUI1 apeIAA1 fboisson1
fcerealalimanim1 ffruitsleg1 fviande1 fAUTRES1 lnadha1 lnrpr311)(SM3=
MCAautres1 MCAnon1 MCAgros1 MCApart1 MCAgdist1 lnpmonde1 lnpunion1
CAregmoins501 ef501 lnrpr311)

and this shows me the results for the model (omitted) and for

/atrho21       -.9462691
/atrho31        -.1293586
/atrho32        -.3407803
rho21           -.7380893
rho31           -.1286418
rho32           -.3281738

I am interested in changing any of the /atrho value to 1. Is it possible
in Stata 11.2?

Saqlain RAZA
PhD Student

-mvprobit- is on SSC.

Your question is not clear, but it appears that you wish to constrain
some of the cross-equation correlations to specific values. Linear
constraints on /atrho values (equivalently, correlations) can be imposed
using -constraint-.

Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <>
Department of Social Policy and STICERD
Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK
Tel: +44(0)20 7955 6527
Changing Fortunes: Income Mobility and Poverty Dynamics in Britain, OUP
Survival Analysis Using Stata:
Downloadable papers and software: