st: RE: how to store the statistics calculated in a loop as a table?

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: how to store the statistics calculated in a loop as a table?
Date   Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:00:36 +0000

I'd look at -collapse- and/or -tabstat-.

In any case, your loop

      foreach group of varlist FF_group_rank_0 {

will do nothing as `group' is never referred to inside the loop. That probably doesn't matter, but it shows some confusion about what -foreach- does.

qing ye

Do any of you know how to report the results calculated after the loop
as tables??

forvalues i=1990 (1)2010 {
      foreach group of varlist FF_group_rank_0 {
              forvalues n=1(1)6{

                              quietly sum  EI_t if
trade_date_yearformat==`i' &FF_group_rank_0==`n'
                              local s_EI=r(sum)
                              quietly sum  BE_t_1 if
trade_date_yearformat==`i' &FF_group_rank_0==`n'
                              local s_BE=r(sum)
                              local mean_EI_BE=`s_EI'/`s_BE'

I wanted to have the mean_EI_BE I calculated in the loops reported as a table

something like the following:

year      group1 group2 group3 group4 group5 group6

1990       x           x        x
1991       x           x        x
1992       x           x        x
1993       x           x        x

How do I do this? Do I need to use matrix commends to save the
mean_EI_BE I calculated each time or do I need to generate some
variables before the loop and store the mean_EI_BE in those variables?