Re: st: Nested zip

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Nested zip
Date   Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:08:02 -0500

At 08:41 PM 12/6/2011, Muhammad Anees wrote:
First use -findit zip- on your Stata command bar, and also -ssc
install zip, replace- installs it. Again if not possible (I am not
sure it would not be possible), also one possible choice for such
situations may be the -hurdle- type models like -ztpnm-. Same -findit-
applies and is available from -net sj 11-1 st0218-.
Hope this works.

While there is an SSC command called -zip-, from 1998, there is also an official Stata command called -zip-. My guess is the official command should be preferred unless the older user-written command has features not found in the newer command.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu