Re: st: execution of the heckman command

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: execution of the heckman command
Date   Tue, 06 Dec 2011 23:53:40 +0000

On Tue, Dec 06 2011, Diane Dancer wrote:

> heckman grade  hv105 hv1052 male foothill mountain kids5 /*
> */hhsize femalehh wealth2 wealth3 wealth4 wealth5 mprim msechigher mnotworking; /*
> select(hv110  hv105 hv1052 male urban foothill mountain kids5 /*
> */femalehh wealth2 wealth3 wealth4 wealth5) vce(cluster clus);

The problem seems to be the semi-colon at the end of the second line quoted
above. It ends the command before it sees the select() option.

> I have removed two rows of variables for ease of explanation.
> I keep getting this response from Stata   option select() required.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology