st: query regarding thin plate spline method

From   behailu ayele <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: query regarding thin plate spline method
Date   Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:23:56 +0000

Dear statalisters,

I am trying to do interpoliations to my climate data using the thin
plate spline method. I searched in statalist and I found an ado file
for that (which I paste below). I have now faced two problems: when I
install THINPLATE and try to recall it in stata, I get error message
saying THINPLATE is not found. The second problem is when I just copy
the ado file and run it straigt in stata, the lines run fine but I get
no output. My programming knowledge in stata is  poor so any help on
this is much appreciated.

Also if there are easier ways of doing interpoliations in stata, you
may sugget them to me as well.

Thank you in advance.

Behailu