RE: st: Model for Poisson-shaped distribution but with non-count data

From   Cameron McIntosh <>
Subject   RE: st: Model for Poisson-shaped distribution but with non-count data
Date   Mon, 5 Dec 2011 21:32:30 -0500

Hi Owen,
It might help further if we knew exactly what your DV was.  I don't know about a transformation... what about robust standard errors and rescaled fit statistics?

Maas, C.J.M., & Hox, J.J. (2004a). The influence of violations of assumptions on multilevel parameter estimates and their standard errors. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 46, 427–440.

Maas, C.J.M., & Hox, J.J. (2004b). Robustness issues in multilevel regression analysis. Statistica Neerlandica, 58, 127–137.

Zhou, J., Zhu, H. (2003). Robust Estimation and Design Procedures for the Random Effects Model. The Canadian Journal of Statistics,  31(1), 99-110.

Yuan, K.-H., & Bentler, P.M. (2002). On normal theory based inference for multilevel models with distributional violations. Psychometrika, 67(4), 539-561.

Dedrick, R.F., Ferron, J.M., Hess, M.R., Hogarty, K.Y., Kromrey, J.D., Lang, T.R., Niles, J.D., & Lee, R.S. (2009). Multilevel Modeling: A Review of Methodological Issues and Applications. Review of Educational Research, 79(1), 69-102.