st: RE: regression coefficient by group

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: regression coefficient by group
Date   Mon, 5 Dec 2011 18:35:25 +0000

. help statsby

Rui Zeng

 I want to collapse my dataset by a group variable and retain the regression coefficient of the independent variables. In other  words, I'd like to be able to do something like:

by group: egen regression coefficients =regress(var1 var2 var3 var4)
collapse corr12, by(group)

I know I can do:
by group: regress var1 var2 var3 var4
but I want to save the results and do further analysis on them rather than just displaying them.