st: Calculating margins after biprobit

From   "Wakeman, Simon" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Calculating margins after biprobit
Date   Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:43:07 +0000

I am investigating the effect of a binary variable X on a binary variable Y, where X is potentially endogenous. I estimated a biprobit:
 biprobit (Y = X ) (X = Z).

However, when I use the following margins command
 margins, dydx(X) over(X)
I get the error message:
"default prediction is a function of possibly stochastic quantities other than e(b)"

I also tried mfx but it does not seem to produce a marginal effect for X.

I would much appreciate if anyone can tell me how to obtain the marginal effect of X on Y.

Thanks for your help.