st: ivreg2 command in Stata 8

Subject   st: ivreg2 command in Stata 8
Date   Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:47:40 +0100

Dear All,

I am working with Stata 8 and have tried to download the ivreg2 package. The server responded as usual:

. ssc install ivreg2, replace
checking ivreg2 consistency and verifying not already installed...
installing into c:\ado\plus\...
installation complete.

But when I use the ivreg2 command, the following error occurs:

. ivreg2  r_cons lnmv avgroa cap_int bk_to_mkt /*op_margin lnltg*/ (disc2010 = ANALYSTS HHI), first
invalid syntax
(error occurred while loading ivreg2.ado)

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,