st: changing the order of the imputations while using ICE

From   "Francesco D'Amico" <francdamico@yahoo.it>
Subject   st: changing the order of the imputations while using ICE
Date   Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:13:54 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all

I'm running a multiple imputation through the use of ICE (I'm using Stata 11). The default option is that the variables with fewest missing are imputed first, followed by the variables with more and more missing values, till the end of the imputation process.

I wondered whether there is a way to impose a preferred order in the imputation process, in order to create a particular sequentiality that represents our chosen pattern of causality/dependence. I tried setting appropriately the eq() option but it did not seem to help in terms of ordering the equations.

Thanks a lot for any hint you can provide me

Francesco