RE: st: RE: Small sample with clustered data

Subject   RE: st: RE: Small sample with clustered data
Date   Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:19:45 -0000

Lars,

I suppose my point is that there are different kinds of differences between subsamples, with different consequences, and because of the limited sample size you have scope for addressing some of this issues but not others.

My guess is that the most you can reasonably do is have a small number of country group dummies to capture differences in the mean across groups.  It's possible that just this is enough to adddress your concerns about clustering and SEs etc.

--Mark