Re: st: adjusted fitted-line/scatter plot after bootstrap with CI

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: adjusted fitted-line/scatter plot after bootstrap with CI
Date   Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:53:08 +0100

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Juan Dominguez wrote:
> I am fitting a model with a quadratic term (reg DV IV IV^2 COVs) and I
> would like to graph the quadratic relationship after adjustment for
> covariates and bootstrapping with confidence interval envelope much as
> fracplot does after fracpoly.

That is what the new -marginsplot- command is good at:

*-------------- begin example ----------------
sysuse auto, clear
reg mpg c.weight##c.weight foreign i.rep, vce(boot)
qui margins , at(weight  = (1720(20)4840) ///
                 foreign = 0              ///
                 rep78   = 3 )
marginsplot, recast(line) recastci(rarea) ///
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen