st: xtfrontier and frontier

From   giovanni federighi <>
Subject   st: xtfrontier and frontier
Date   Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:47:54 +0100

Dear Stata users,
I would like to analyze a panel dataset for 12 countries during a
period of 15 years using the stochastic frontier approach (in
particular, the Battese-Coelli model) to measure technical
efficiencies. Should I use xtfrontier that does not allow directly the
distinction between u and v or can I also use frontier, since in this
second case results seem also better?

Best regards,