Re: st: ICE and two conditions

From   daniel klein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ICE and two conditions
Date   Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:40:15 +0100

Morten,

I do not have access to Stata at the moment, so I cannot replicate
your problem. However, I would like to point out two things.

If you are using Stata 12, there is no need to use -ice- since Stata's
-mi- supports imputationa via chained-equations in the current
version. (It is based on the work of Royston). Further, if you use
Stata's -mi-, you do not need to specify conditions, as Stata will
only impute "hard missings" (i.e. sysmiss). Create soft missing values
(i.e. one of .a, .b, ..., .z) in your original dataset according to
your conditions, as these values will not be imputed.

Best
Daniel