st: RE: starting values invalid

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: starting values invalid
Date   Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:39:22 +0000

I think that means you have to supply better starting values than whatever are the defaults.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Ivica Rubil

I solved the problem with max # of vars, but here's another one. When I run my -nlsur-, I get:

Calculating NLS estimates...
could not evaluate equation 1
starting values invalid or some RHS variables have missing values
r(480);

I have checked and there are no missing values for any of the r.h.s. variables. So, how to deal with the first part of the message - "starting values invalid"?