st: RE: RE: FW: Possible to generate a variable and specifying the label?

From   "J. J. W." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: FW: Possible to generate a variable and specifying the label?
Date   Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:38:48 +0100

Dear Jesper,

Thank you for your response. Too bad that it is not possible to do that "on
line", however thank you for the insights!

Yours sincerely,

J. J. Wen

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Namens Jesper Lindhardsen
Verzonden: donderdag 24 november 2011 8:51
Aan: [email protected]
Onderwerp: st: RE: FW: Possible to generate a variable and specifying the
label?

Hi J,

I think that would require you to define the label beforehand, which may or
may not be feasible. So in essence you only "get rid" of on line, that is,
the -label values- statement (at least in 11.2 ....)

clear all

set obs 10

label define Lab 0 "Zero"

g var:Lab=0