Re: st: manipulate built-in stata commands

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: manipulate built-in stata commands
Date   Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:29:47 +0000

You need to write a program that calls a command, suppresses its text output, and -display-s your preferred alternative output.

See [U] for an introduction to Stata programming.

Nick

On 25 Nov 2011, at 14:21, mailjp@gmx.net wrote:

sorry for getting on your nerves again...i really should visit some "express yourself the way that other people at least have the chance to help you" class. i'am kind of distracted lately... i don't want the lines produced by gen, replace, drop, keep and so on to vanish, i want to change them...

thanks in advance!

raoul

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:03:49 +0000
Von: Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
An: "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Betreff: Re: st: manipulate built-in stata commands

No need to write a program. Just use the -quietly- prefix.

Nick

On 25 Nov 2011, at 13:47, mailjp@gmx.net wrote:

is there an example of how to build a wrapper around some command to
modify what it produces?
fact is i don't want to add functionality but want to remove
some...nevertheless thanks for your help maarten!
i actually want generate not to produce the line "(xyz changes made)".

thanks for your help!

raoul

-------- Original-Nachricht --------