st: RE: non linear estimation

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: non linear estimation
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:44:33 +0000

You can use whatever -nl- supports, which includes the specification of weights. But -nl- is not -regress- PLUS nonlinearity!

If you want something beyond -nl-, you might need to do much more substantial programming, or approach it differently. This problem is fitting a power function with some constraints and -nl- is not the only way to do it.

Graeml (Dainf) (a.k.a. Rodolfo)

I´m using a substitutable expression programs (Nonlinear leastsquares
estimation). The program (below) works very well. However, I would like to
use robust option or some else that corrects heteroskedastic in nonlinear
estimation. How can I implement it? Best regards,

program define nlcobPR

            version 9.0

                global S_1 "a b c"

                global a=0.4

                global b=0.4

                global c=0.2

                global S_2 "Cobb Douglas"

              replace `1' = $a*((k^$b)*(l^$c)*(t^(1-$b-$c)))

     nl cobPR y if uf=="PR"

     program drop nlcobPR