Re: st: forced end of do-file

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: forced end of do-file
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:08:55 +0000

Have you tried copying and pasting into another do-file editor window?

Stata [sic] lets you have multiple version of -doedit- open simultaneously.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Hoogeboom Thomas (EPID)

When I run a do-file by use of "do selected lines" (lets say the
do-file consist of 100 lines) and I run for instance only the first 25
lines of the do-file; for some reason Stata ends the selected lines
with "end of do-file" (Stata didn't use to do this). I don't want
Stata to end my do-files for me, as this doesn't allow me to continue
working on the edited dataset.