RE: st: model selection using information criteria with xtlsdvc or xtabond2

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: model selection using information criteria with xtlsdvc or xtabond2
Date   Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:59:02 -0500

Sebastian,

Perhaps you can use the natural log of the residual sum of squares, e.g.,

AIC = n*ln(SSR) + 2*k
BIC = n*ln(SSR) + k*ln(n)

where n is the sample size and k is the number of estimated parameters.

Yamaoka, K., Nakagawa, T., & Uno, T. (1978). Application of Akaike’s information criterion (AIC) in the evaluation of linear pharmacokinetic equations. Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, 6, 165–175.
Bonate, P.L. (2011). Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Modeling and Simulation (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
My two cents,

Cam